Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk purse and prize money: Heavyweight rivals set for huge payout in historic undisputed title bout

Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk will meet in a historic bout next weekend to crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion in 25 years. 

The two rivals are set to clash at the Kingdom Arena in Saudi Arabia on May 18 with the winner unifying the WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF titles.

Fury and Usyk will finally meet next weekendCredit: Getty

Fury was meant to take on Usyk in February but the bout was postponed due to the ‘Gypsy King’ suffering a nasty cut to his eye.

After some concerns, a new date was found for the huge clash, and it means both fighters are set to receive an incredible amount of money…

Fury vs Usyk: Purse and prize money

Last year, an agreement was struck based on a 70/30 purse split in Fury’s favour – meaning the Brit is thought to be netting around $150million (£116m), according to the Independent.

Usyk accepted the minority share under the stipulation that the Gypsy King must donate £1m of his earnings to Ukraine.

While the final figure will not be known until after the fight, there were already strong suggestions that Fury make in excess of $100m.

Promoter Bob Arum discussed the pay for the bout and revealed if the ‘Gypsy King’ was offered only $100million, he wouldn’t be happy.

Speaking in October last year, Arum said: “If you told Tyson Fury he’s set to make $100 million, he’d really get p****d off.

“Because he thinks – and I think he’s right – that he’s gonna make a lot more than that.”

The event will be one of the biggest in boxing history and both Fury and Usyk are expected to be making an incredible amount of money.

Fury is expected to make over $100million for the fightCredit: Getty

However, if the fight is to be delayed for a second time due to one of them pulling out, they will end up having to lose some of their own cash.

Turki Alalshikh (chairman of Saudi Arabia’s General Entertainment Authority, who are staging the fight) has revealed a potential fine for each fighter if it happens again.

If either Fury or Usyk pull out, they will have to pay £8m to their opponent.

He joined journalist Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour and said: “There will be $10m [£8m] (to be paid) if someone escapes from the fight (from their own money).”

Alalshikh has also said that if a fighter pulls out, they will be replaced.

He continued: “I also guarantee another big fight on the same night. I will make fans around the world know if someone is scared for this fight.

“If Usyk is scared I will call for Joshua. Tyson, if Tyson is scared I will call for another fighter that Usyk wants.”

Related Posts

“LEAVE US ALONE, DAD”: Mel Owens’ Children BEG Parents to Finalize NASTY Divorce Money Battle, Confessing the Legal War is DESTROYING the Family Again Amidst Their Father’s TV Fame

The supposed journey to find “Golden Love” for former NFL star Mel Owens has been completely overshadowed by the real-life drama of his incredibly messy, drawn-out divorce…

Jane McDonald leaves fans in tears of joy with surprise emotional announcement — the radiant moment instantly ignites a wave of happiness on social media, with thousands sending choked-up congratulations and calling it “the best news” they’ve heard all year.

In a moment that felt like a warm hug from an old friend, Jane McDonald, the 62-year-old national treasure and beloved cruiser queen, sent shockwaves of pure joy…

“Mum still recognises us, still smiles, and still says ‘I love you’,” Charlie Quirke said, heartbroken as he spoke about his mother, actress Pauline Quirke, and her battle with dementia. Charlie is also preparing for a 120km fundraising walk, retracing the most meaningful places from her life

Charlie Quirke has shared a deeply personal and difficult update about his mum, actress Pauline Quirke, as he prepares for an emotional fundraising trek retracing the most…

“BLANKED TWICE — AND LEFT HUMILIATED LIVE ON AIR!” 😳 Stacey Solomon Tried To Greet Ruth Langsford… Only To Be Met With Cold Silence Not Once, But Twice. “I… I Don’t Know What I Did Wrong,” Stacey Whispered, Her Voice Quivering As She Fought To Keep Composure. Viewers Watched In Shock, Hearts Sinking For The Beloved Star Who Faced Public Rejection On Live Television. “It Hurts… Being Ignored Like This When All You Wanted Was A Friendly Hello,” She Added, Tears Brimming, Leaving The Studio In Awkward Silence. The Moment Has Already Set Social Media Ablaze — Thousands Rallying Behind Stacey, Millions Left Stunned By The Chillingly Cold Encounter.

Stacey Solomon endured a cringe-inducing moment on Monday when Ruth Langsford appeared to blank her not once but twice during a live handover. As Ruth came on…

STRICTLY SHOCK: Ellie Goldstein Breaks Her Silence After Shock Strictly Exit — Drops Bombshell About Vito Coppola That Leaves Fans GASPING: “There’s More To The Story Than You Think…”.K

STRICTLY SHOCK: Ellie Goldstein Breaks Her Silence After Shock Strictly Exit — Drops Bombshell About Vito Coppola That Leaves Fans GASPING: “There’s More To The Story Than…

💔 SHOCKING LOSS 💔 Beloved Shirley Valentine star Pauline Collins has died at 85 — but it’s the mystery surrounding her final days that has everyone talking. 😢

💔 SHOCKING LOSS 💔 Beloved Shirley Valentine star Pauline Collins has died at 85 — but it’s the mystery surrounding her final days that has everyone talking….