Tyson Fury brands Mike Tyson’s involvement in Francis Ngannou fight ‘sad’

WBC heavyweight Tyson Fury was named after Mike Tyson but he will be trying to beat the boxing icon’s fighter, Francis Ngannou, next month

Tyson Fury has expressed his disappointment that Mike Tyson is helping prepare Francis Ngannou for their boxing-MMA crossover fight next month. A fight between WBC world heavyweight champion Fury, 35, and former UFC heavyweight champion Ngannou, 37, has been in the works for over a year.

The pair teased a fight in April last year following Fury’s knockout win over Dillian Whyte, with Cameroonian MMA star Ngannou hopping into the ring afterward. And with Anthony Joshua or a unification fight with Oleksandr Usyk not possible for Fury at present, the crossover fight was made for Oct. 28 in Saudi Arabia.

But helping Ngannou prepare for his boxing debut is none other than boxing legend, and former heavyweight champion, Tyson, 57. Tyson is arguably boxing’s most devastating hitter ever, alongside Deontay Wilder, and Iron Mike has been giving Ngannou tips ahead of his bout with the undefeated Fury.

The Gypsy King hasn’t tasted defeat in his professional career, boasting a 30-0-1 record, with the one draw coming in the first fight of his heavyweight title trilogy with Wilder. But the news of Tyson training Ngannou has disappointed Fury.

Tyson Fury and Francis Ngannou will do battle on Oct. 28 (Image: Getty)

The Brit was named after Tyson and Fury says the American’s involvement is “sad”. He told on Sky Sports: “The man that I am named after, a legend, has to go against me and then come out as a loser, having lost to a man who was named after him. I think that it’s sad and I think that he should be in my corner, not the opposing corner, but business is business and I understand that it’s strictly business.”

Fury isn’t concerned that Tyson’s teaching will pose a threat to his perfect professional boxing record, though. “No matter what he teaches this fella, no matter how much boxing training he does, everyone has got a plan until they get punched in the face,” Fury said. “And I’m not sure who said that, but that is true. They’ve all got a plan until they get smacked in the mouth.”

Tyson Fury was named after boxing great Mike Tyson (Image: Getty)

The boxing world still holds out hope of a heavyweight unification fight – but Fury says a clash with Usyk will not happen if the Ukrainian demands a large some. Fury himself has issued a £400million-plus demand to take on Usyk. “Has it ever been my priority? Did I ever say I wanted undisputed? It’s always been some other little b**** dream,” Fury told Fight Hub TV.

“I’ve got Francis Ngannou to deal with. Should the other little sausage want to fight for the undisputed, and if he’s willing to take a small percentage then we might be able to make it happen. But if he wants a large bag? Not happening. Him [Usyk] and his team were s***houses! They get offered the fight at Wembley, and we moved on. That was it. Now we’re fighting Francis Ngannou, who is stepping up to the plate.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…