Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter exposes Tyson Fury on Instagram Live with old social media post

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury has been postponed after the Brit suffered a cut.

Oleksandr Usyk's promoter exposes Tyson Fury on Instagram Live with old social media post

Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter has exposed Tyson Fury on Instagram Live with an old social media post.

Originally, it was scheduled that Usyk and Fury would enter the ring and fight to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world on 17 February.

However, it was confirmed on Friday evening that the fight had been postponed due to Fury suffering a cut during a sparring session.

Having left a brutal comment on Fury’s social media post, Usyk’s promoter, Alex Krassyuk has now exposed the Brit on Instagram Live. You can watch the footage below. The video contains strong language.

Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter exposes Tyson Fury on Instagram Live with old social media post
Credit: Instagram/@alex.krassyuk

He said: “Let me read you something. The cut is genuine. Correct you can’t box with the cut. Correct has to be cancelled. That’s why he’s cut so he can pull out. S**t house.

“This is the quote of Tyson Fury back in 2013 when his fight with David Haye was cancelled for the same reason.”

On the back of the postponement, it has been reported that Croatian boxer Filip Hrgovic could step in for Fury and fight Usyk on 17 February.

According to talkSPORT’s Michael Benson, Krassyuk also called for Fury to be stripped or vacate his world title.

Benson wrote: “Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk has called for Tyson Fury to be stripped or vacate his WBC heavyweight world title and become a ‘champion in recess’ so Usyk can fight someone else to achieve his undisputed goal.”

Image
Getty

Taking to Instagram, Fury wrote: “Cant help getting injured in sparring but what i can say was Usyk was in trouble i am in fantastic shape. i will resheduel soon as i can. 2024 a massive year for team GK.”

Meanwhile, a statement from Queensberry Prmotions said: “Whilst this is still breaking news it is clearly a massive disappointment, after the work that has been done by so many people to finally deliver this historic event to the world.

“Once the doctors have appraised Tyson’s eye, we will have a better idea of the period of recovery needed. Once known we will work diligently with all the stake-holders and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to reschedule this fight as soon as possible and will of course keep everyone updated with developments.”

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…