How Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson

In this video, we take a closer look at one of the greatest upsets in boxing history: the 1990 fight between Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson. Despite being a 42-to-1 underdog, Douglas shocked the world by defeating the seemingly unbeatable Tyson in a stunning 10th round knockout. Through analysis of the fight footage, interviews with boxing experts, and a deep dive into the stories of both fighters leading up to the bout, we explore the factors that led to this unexpected victory and its lasting impact on the world of boxing. Join us as we relive this unforgettable moment in sports history.

 

 

Mike Tyson to fight Roy Jones Jr. in exhibition match

 

It appears as though former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson wasn’t kidding about making a comeback.

According to a report from Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports, Tyson will fight fellow legend Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition match. The proposed bout is expected to take place Sept. 12 in Carson, Calif., at Dignity Health Sports Park.

Tyson, 54, has been frequently posting videos on his social media accounts of him training in recent months and he had expressed wanting to participate in some exhibition matches to raise money for charity.

Former champions Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Shannon Briggs and James Toney were among those who offered to fight Tyson.

 

 

“It would be crazy to receive an offer to enter the ring with him and refuse,” Jones told sports.ru earlier this week when asked about a possible matchup with Tyson. “I had no intention of going back and fighting again but, for the sake of Mike Tyson, I agree to make an exception. For me, this is an opportunity that I cannot refuse. Of all those who wanted to go into the ring with him, he chose me. And since he did that, how can I say no?”

Jones, 51, is widely considered a pound-for-pound great. He last fought in February of 2018 before retiring with a professional boxing record of 66-9 with notable wins over Bernard Hopkins, James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Virgil Hill, John Ruiz and Felix Trinidad among others.

Executive director of the California State Athletic Commission, Andy Foster, told Iole that Tyson and Jones won’t be wearing headgear but they will wear bigger gloves, possibly 12-ounce mitts.

Tyson hasn’t fought since 2005 after his infamous loss to journeyman Kevin McBride. Tyson retired with a 50-6 record with two no-contests and championship wins over Larry Holmes and Michael Spinks.

The undercard is expected to be filled with some notable athletes and celebrities.

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…