Former world champion predicted Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk wouldn’t go ahead on February 17 as quotes resurface

Tyson Fury’s much-awaited bout against Oleksandr Usyk has been postponed.

Former world champion predicted Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk wouldn't go ahead on February 17 as quotes resurface

A former world champion has previously predicted Tyson Fury’s fight against Oleksandr Usyk would not take place on 17 February.

Bill as one of the biggest fights in boxing history, fans were left bitterly disappointed when it was announced on Friday evening that Fury vs Usyk has been postponed.

The fight will be rescheduled after Fury suffered a cut above his eye during a sparring session.

Fury said: “I feel bad for everyone involved in this huge event and I will work diligently towards the rescheduled date once the eye is healed

“Can’t help getting injured in sparring but what I can say was Usyk was in trouble. I am in fantastic shape. I will reschedule soon as I can. 2024 a massive year for team GK.”

Speaking last month, former world champion Chris Algieri predicted that the fight would not go ahead on the original date.

He said, via Boxing Insider: “I think the fight’s going to happen. I’m not so sure it’s going to happen in six weeks, because like Shawn says, Fury likes to be the captain of his own ship and he thinks the whole world revolves around whatever the hell he says and for a time it definitely did. I’m not sure it’s going to happen when it’s supposed to, but I do think it’s going to happen at some point.”

Image
Getty

Algieri’s prediction came after another former title holder, Shaw Porter, claimed that Fury would be more interested in WWE than boxing.

He said: “What we know about Tyson Fury is he’s a showman. What we know about Tyson Fury is he likes things to be his way or no way.

“I don’t feel like this is the kind of energy he (Fury) wants to exert anymore in the boxing ring, which is why he went after Francis Ngannou…those are the kind of fights he’s looking for, things that are going to give him the money, and the recognition, and the nights that he won’t have to trade hard for. Don’t be surprised if something comes up with the WWE before this.”

On the back of the postponement, it has been reported that Croatian boxer Filip Hrgovic could step in for Fury and fight Usyk on 17 February.

Related Posts

Cat Deeley has finally revealed why she decided to divorce her husband Patrick: “You have no idea what I’ve endured over the past 10 years.”

Cat Deeley Finally Opens Up About Her Divorce from Husband Patrick Cat Deeley, the beloved television presenter and model, has recently shared the emotional reasons behind her…

Police say they’ll move “as quickly as possible” after new, troubling details surfaced about the L3168 Gibstown crash that shattered the community 😢👇💔

The five young people who died in a two-vehicle car crash in Ireland have been named by police. The fatal collision happened on the L3168 at Gibstown,…

HEARTBREAKING: Martin & Shirlie Kemp BREAK SILENCE With Emotional Announcement About Daughter Harley Moon.k

Martin and Shirlie Kemp delight fans with adorable birthday tribute to rarely-seen daughter ‘Beauty doesn’t fall far from the tree’ Martin and Shirlie Kemp have issued a…

Joanna Lumley UNDER FIRE “Our Small Nation CANN0T Feed Millions!!” — Fans SH0CKED as National Treasure Faces Backlash Over Migration Remarks!

For half a century, Dame Joanna Lumley has been one of Britain’s most cherished figures — a woman synonymous with elegance, compassion, and the kind of quiet strength that…

GB News host Pɑtrick Christys hɑs detonɑted ɑ politicɑl firestorm ɑfter declɑring it’s now “when, not if” the Prime Minister is finɑlly pushed out ɑs Lɑbour leɑder. His blunt prediction hɑs sent Westminster into meltdown ɑnd triggered ɑ frenzy of speculɑtion ɑbout how close the end reɑlly is. The rumblings ɑre growing louder — ɑnd the pressure is unmistɑkɑble.

GB News airs humiliating 𝘒𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘳 blow as PM set to be replaced: ‘When, not if’ GB News host Patrick Christys said it is now “when, not if”…

BRITONS TAKE ACTION! New Frɑnce Footɑge Spɑrks Migrɑtion Firestorm ɑcross the Chɑnnel When ministers won’t ɑct, the public steps in — ɑnd the drɑmɑtic new clips ɑre igniting ɑ nɑtionwide debɑte overnight.

British vigilantes slash small migrant boats on French coastline Britons have been filming themselves travelling to beaches in France and ‘destroying’ small boats – gaining thousands of…