Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Dillian Whyte has been cancelled

Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Dillian Whyte has been cancelled after Whyte returned ‘adverse analytical findings’ in a drugs test.

Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Dillian Whyte has been cancelled

Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Dillian Whyte on August. 12 has been cancelled after the latter returned ‘adverse analytical findings’ in a drugs test.

Matchroom Sport released a statement on Saturday afternoon to confirm the news.

It read: “Today, the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) informed Matchroom, the Association of Boxing Commissions and the British Boxing Board of Control that Dillian Whyte had returned adverse analytical findings as part of a random anti-doping protocol.

“In light of this news, the fight will be cancelled, and a full investigation will be conducted. Further information on the event will follow.”

At this moment, it is unclear whether or not Joshua will still fight and take on a replacement opponent on Saturday, according to talkSPORT reporter Michael Benson.

Image

He added: “Filip Hrgovic vs Demsey McKean was due to be on the undercard, though AJ may now simply wait for proposed Deontay Wilder showdown in January in Saudi Arabia.”

Whyte has been involved in two previous doping scandal, with the most recent being an adverse finding before his fight with Oscar Rivas in 2019.

The bout went ahead and Whyte was later cleared of any wrongdoing by UKAD.

Back in 2013, Whyte was banned for two years after testing positive for a banned substance found in a food supplement.

UK Anti-Doping said the fighter tested positive for the stimulant methylhexaneamine after winning a heavyweight fight against Sandor Balogh on Oct.13.

British heavyweights Joshua and Whyte were set to go head-to-head at the O2 Arena in London next weekend.

“I’ve been clear that my plan is to be active this year,” said Joshua last month. “August 12 is the date, I’ll be ready to fight. I look forward to dealing with business.”

Whyte added: “I’m looking forward to returning to the London O2 on August 12 and going to war. It’s 1-1 so this is the decider!”

Eddie Hearn also commented at the time: “I can’t quite believe this fight is happening and there was absolutely no stopping either man.”

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…