Anthony Joshua’s camp have responded to Tyson Fury contract offer claim

Tyson Fury wants to take on Anthony Joshua in what would be the fight of the year.

Anthony Joshua's camp have responded to Tyson Fury contract offer claim

Late on Friday night Tyson Fury claimed he was trying to organise a fight with Anthony Joshua, but now it looks like that might not be the case.

A fight between the UK’s top heavyweight boxers is what all fans of the sport want to see, especially after Fury’s proposed bout with Oleksandr Usyk fell through earlier this year.

Fury was set to take on the WBA, IBF and WBO champions at Wembley Stadium in April, but multiple disagreements between the two camps over payments resulted in the fight being scrapped.

Now Fury wants to fight fellow British heavyweight Joshua, but already that plan has hit a hurdle.

On Friday night, Fury took to Twitter to announce that he had sent a fight contract to the Olympic gold medalist.

“A few days ago I sent a draft contract to @anthonyjoshua for a fight in September @wembleystadium,” Fury said.

“It’s a fight that everyone wants to see including myself. Come of AJ let’s give the world what they want to see. This time I’m not gonna make a million vids & keep putting pressure on. the ball is now on your side..”

The mention of online videos references the many videos Fury posted online calling out Usyk in the months during their failed negotiations.

A few days ago i sent a draft contract to @anthonyjoshua for a fight in September @wembleystadium its a fight that everyone wants to see including myself. Come of AJ lets give the world 🌎 what they want to see. This time im not gonna make a million vids & keep putting pressure…

Image

However, contrary to Fury’s claims, boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has denied that the Gypsy King has sent a draft contract to Joshua.

According to IFL TV, Hearn confirmed that George Warren – son of famous boxing promoter Frank Warren – has reached out to the Joshua camp to restart talks about a fight in September.

However, Hearn claimed that Joshua doesn’t believe Fury’s offer, and so his priority is to fight in August before taking on Deontay Wilder in December in Saudi Arabia.

Given the circus that developed around the back-and-forth between Fury and Usyk, it’s perhaps not surprising that Joshua is skeptical about his offer.

Fury is right about one thing though – a fight between the two titans of British heavyweight boxing is exactly what fans want to see. Hopefully, they can come to some sort of agreement.

Related Posts

King Charles’ ‘homemade’ gift for Prince Archie’s 5th birthday revealed after Meghan Markle ‘bans expensive presents’

KING Charles may not have seen his grandson Archie on his fifth birthday, but that didn’t stop him from sending him a sweet ‘homemade’ gift.Prince Harry and Meghan Markle likely…

Princess Kate ‘excited’ by landmark report that could boost UK economy by £45bn annually

Leading businesses have endorsed Princess Kate’s prioritisation of early childhood in a bid to deliver a rallying call to fellow business leaders across the country. Princess Kate…

Inside Archie’s lavish 5th birthday with cake made by Meghan, superhero theme & Hamleys toy from Charles, expert claims

PRINCE ARCHIE turns five today and he will likely be celebrating with his family in Montecito, California. The Sun spoke exclusively to royal commentator Ingrid Seward about how Prince Harry and Meghan…

Meghan & Harry should take Archie & Lilibet to meet cancer-stricken Charles – it would give him huge boost, says expert

KING Charles would get a real “boost” if Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their children went to visit him, it has been claimed. Chris Ship, ITV’s Royal Editor,…

Royal title Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘refused to use’ for Archie after it ‘bothered them’

FROM the moment he was born, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have done everything to protect their young son, Archie.But few know the lengths Prince Harry…

Meghan & Harry declined invite to Archie’s godfather’s wedding ‘to avoid overshadowing bride & making event too awkward’

PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly declined an invite to Archie’s godfather’s wedding to “avoid overshadowing the day”.Hugh Grosvenor, the Duke of Westminster, will marry Olivia Henson, 31,…