Anthony Joshua tells Francis Ngannou to ‘continue in boxing’ despite his BRUTAL knockout and jokes he could beat the ex-UFC star in the octagon next

Anthony Joshua has told Francis Ngannou to continue his career in heavyweight boxing, despite being brutally knocked out by the Englishman on Friday evening.

Joshua reigned victorious against Ngannou by delivering a huge knockout strike in the second-round of their Saudi Arabia showdown that the Cameroonian needed to receive medical attention for in the ring before getting to his feet.

Ngannou could now leave boxing after only his second professional having previously marked his crossover from UFC to fight Tyson Fury.

Joshua sent Ngannou to the canvas three times during Friday’s short-lived bout, with his final sickening blow causing his opponent’s knees to buckle underneath him after being KO’d.

The former heavyweight world champion continues on his mission to becoming a three-time belt holder after the statement win but was full of praise for his opponent after the encounter.

Anthony Joshua has told Francis Ngannou to continue his career in heavyweight boxing

Anthony Joshua has told Francis Ngannou to continue his career in heavyweight boxing

Joshua brutally knocked Ngannou out in the second round during Friday's heavyweight clash

Joshua brutally knocked Ngannou out in the second round during Friday’s heavyweight clash

Speaking to a packed press room in Riyadh, Joshua said: ‘Half of these people thought he was going to beat me, I know I can see all you lot, you all thought he was going to beat me.

‘I just do what I do, do my best, get the job done, I don’t do it to prove anything I just do it for myself.

‘He’s very strong, I think he should continue in boxing as heavyweight boxing is in a league of its own, you get the big punchers, people that are quick, lightning strike kind of power, he’s up there with the power,’ he added.

Joshua said after his fight that Ngannou shouldn't quit after his second professional loss

Joshua said after his fight that Ngannou shouldn’t quit after his second professional loss

‘I’m not done here yet’: Francis Ngannou responds after AJ defeat

Joshua walked back to his corner after beating Ngannou by delivering a huge knockout

Joshua walked back to his corner after beating Ngannou by delivering a huge knockout

Much had been made pre-fight of Ngannou’s frightful punching power that previously floored reigning world champion Fury, but he wasn’t able to connect with Joshua who demonstrated his superior ring experience.

The Watford-born winner continued to explain that Ngannou’s strength was something to be wary of but shrugged off any suggestions that he struggled against it.

‘In the clinch I felt fine though and I thought hang on a minute I could probably take him in UFC with a bit of pushing and pulling I thought “I’m alright” I thought I would be getting flung everywhere.

‘I’m joking, he is strong but I stand my ground it’s a fight, it was in my favour tonight and we move onto the next,’ he added.

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…