George Clooney sent an important warning to Meghan Markle, comparing it to the treatment of Princess Diana

George Clooney slams ‘frustrating’ coverage of Meghan Markle, compares it to treatment of Princess Diana

Sarah Ferguson calls for end of toxic social media trolling pitting Kate and Meghan

The Duchess of York compared the reported feud to her relationship with Princess Diana.

Actor, businessman and activist George Clooney has seen enough.

Speaking on a panel for his new show, “Catch-22,” he took time out Monday to comment on the “frustrating” media coverage he’s witness lately with Meghan Markle, the now Duchess of Sussex.

When asked about him being godfather to her upcoming child, Clooney denied the report, but added, “She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she is being pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that [Princess] Diana was, and it’s history repeating itself,” according to the Associated Press, who was at the Television Critics Association panel on Monday.

Clooney, who did attend Markel’s wedding to Prince Harry last year with his wife Amal, was referring to Diana’s death in 1997 after she was being pursued by paparazzi and her car was trying to evade them.

Clooney added about Diana’s death and the now coverage of Markle, “we’ve seen how that ends.”

She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she is being pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that (Princess) Diana was, and it’s history repeating itself.

“I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to see that,” he added, according to E! News and other outlets at the panel. “She’s getting a raw deal there. It’s irresponsible.”

Clooney’s comments come after British tabloids have labeled Markle “Duchess Difficult,” several also reporting on a private letter from her to her estranged father, as well.

The actor added about being godfather to her baby, “No, I’m now a father of twins, I’ve got enough.”

Clooney is not the only public figure to speak out about what’s happening.

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson also weighed in, sharing similar sentiments of concern, though not directly connecting the online bullying to the Duchess of Sussex and Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge. Ferguson wrote a candid letter in Hello! magazine on Monday, taking aim at what she calls the “sewer” of social media.

“It’s time to confront head on the fact that much of social media has become a sewer,” she wrote. “Women, in particular, are constantly pitted against and compared with each other in a way that reminds me of how people tried to portray Diana and me all the time as rivals, which is something neither of us ever really felt.”

Certainly there are parallels between the relationship that Kate and Meghan have and Diana and Fergie had.

“She absolutely is referring to the treatment of Meghan and Kate,” royal contributor Imogen Lloyd Webber told “GMA.” “Certainly there are parallels between the relationship that Kate and Meghan have and Diana and Fergie had.”

Also, a handful of Markle’s closest friends spoke out to People magazine recently about the “global bullying.”

“We worry about what this is doing to her and the baby,” a former co-star of Markle’s said. ”It’s wrong to put anyone under this level of emotional trauma, let alone when they’re pregnant.”

Related Posts

Christine Lampard Stuns Fans With a Major Happy Announcement Alongside Husband Frank Lampard!D

ITV presenter Christine Lampard has delighted fans after revealing she is expecting her third child with husband Frank Lampard. The Loose Women star shared the exciting family news with a glowing smile and a…

Alex Jones of The One Show fights back tears as husband Charlie Thomson makes a surprise live TV appearance, bringing flowers and embracing her on her special night

Alex Jones was left emotional on Friday night when her husband Charlie Thomson made a surprise live appearance on The One Show to celebrate her remarkable 15 years as…

“I CAN’T SEE THE WORLD I ONCE PERFORMED FOR…” — Dame Judi Dench’s Devastating Revelation Has Left Britain In Tears, As The Beloved Icon Confirms She Is Now Completely Blind, Unable To Watch Theatre, Film, Or Even The Shows That Built Her Legendary Career. With A Trembling Voice, She Whispered: “I Miss The Light… I Miss The Stage… But I’m Trying To Be Brave.” Those Heart-Shattering Words Have Sent Shockwaves Across The Nation — Fans Calling It “A Loss Too Painful To Bear,” Co-Stars Describing Her As “The Soul Of British Storytelling.” Even As Her World Fades To Darkness, Judi Fights To Stay Strong, Saying: “I’ll Keep Going… I Must. There’s Still Love, Even If I Can’t See It.” A Nation Mourns, A Legend Endures — And Her Courage Is Lighting Up Hearts Everywhere.

Britain’s acting legend Dame Judi Dench has shared a deeply moving update about her eyesight, revealing she’s now unable to see the stage or television — not…

“THEY CAN CALL ME RADICAL — BUT I’M DONE STAYING SILENT!” Joanna Lumley’s Fiery On-Air Outburst Leaves Britain Stunned

Joanna Lumley has never been one to stay silent — but her latest comments have ignited one of the most explosive national debates of the year. The…

In a rare, story-inspired glimpse behind the gates of Windsor’s Forest Lodge, Prince William offers a look at the place he and Catherine now call their “forever sanctuary.” Far from ceremony and cameras, this imagined home feels serene, intimate, and filled with the soft design touches Catherine is known for — hand-printed fabrics, gentle colors, and rooms created for calm, comfort, and quiet family moments. There’s a warmth in every corner… the kind that speaks of healing, new beginnings, and the private life the world never sees. And the spaces meant for the children? Thoughtful, tender, and surprisingly personal — the kind that make you forget you’re inside a royal residence at all. But it was one simple detail William revealed in this story-style moment — something small, unexpected, and deeply meaningful — that left royal watchers completely stunned. It wasn’t grand, it wasn’t staged… but its emotional impact is unforgettable

Inside Windsor’s Forest Lodge: A Fiction-Inspired Look at William and Catherine’s Private Sanctuary This article is a creative, story-style imagining inspired by themes of family, healing, and…

“They Turned Britain Into A Place My Fallen Friends Wouldn’t Even Recognise…” A 100-Year-Old WWII Hero Has Delivered A Shattering, Tear-Soaked Warning That Has Left Millions Reeling — A Moment So Raw, So Furious, So Heartbreaking, It Has Been Called “The Most Powerful Plea Of A Dying Generation.” With His Medals Shaking In His Hands, The Veteran Looked Straight Into The Camera And Roared: “They Mock Us, They Forget Us — But They Will NEVER Erase Our Sacrifice!” His Voice Broke As Decades Of Buried Grief Crashed To The Surface: “My Brothers Didn’t Come Home… And For WHAT? This Broken Britain? This Country That No Longer Cares?”

Breaking News:WW2 hero, 100, tears into Labour’s broken Britain: ‘It’s not a nice place anymore!’ The D-Day warrior says Britain is now unrecognisable to him (Image: Ian Vogler…