Big blow for the Yankees: Oswald Peraza has to sit on the bench after suffering a serious injury!

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — The Yankees have been relatively healthy through the first few weeks of spring training, but a potential concern popped up Tuesday.

Oswald Peraza was scratched from joining the Yankees on their trip to face the Rays because of right shoulder tightness that he experienced on Monday, according to Aaron Boone.

“I’m hoping he’s back in there maybe Thursday or Friday,” Boone said after the Yankees’ 4-2 loss at Charlotte Sports Park. “We’ll just see. Today he seemed better but [Monday] the trainers noticed he was pretty tight back there. Hoping it’s a day-to-day thing. We’ll see.”

Oswald Peraza, taking batting practice earlier in spring training, was scratched from the lineup because of right shoulder tightness.Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Boone said he did not think Peraza was scheduled to undergo any tests.

It is an important spring for the 23-year-old Peraza, who has a shot to make the bench as a backup infielder but also could be sent to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (he has one minor league option remaining) to get everyday at-bats.

After Anthony Volpe won the starting shortstop job last spring, the defensively gifted Peraza struggled to produce offensively in limited action with the Yankees.

He hit just .191 with a .539 OPS across 52 games while filling in mostly at third base.

Will Warren made his Grapefruit League debut Tuesday, striking out three across 2 ²/₃ innings against the Rays.

Will Warren allowed just one run in his Graprefruit League debut.Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

He gave up four hits and one run against a close-to-full-strength Rays lineup.

“He was good,” Boone said. “Every pitch that he didn’t execute perfectly got whacked pretty good. But I thought he was in command.”

Fellow pitching prospect Chase Hampton also threw an inning, allowing a hit and a walk while striking out two.

Boone praised the duo before the game and said both were “going to be big-league starting pitchers” — with Warren slightly ahead of Hampton in the development process.

Both could make their MLB debuts this season as important depth starters for a rotation that has injury risks.

“I do feel like we have better options than I would have even expected behind that, whether you call it 6-8, 6-10 [beyond the top five starters], whatever it may be,” Boone said.

Jose Trevino has yet to play in a Grapefruit League game because of a calf strain he sustained before camp, but he may not be far off.

The backstop, who has been catching live batting practices and bullpen sessions, was set to have a “heavy day” of work on Tuesday, Boone said, as he ramped up his running progression.

Trevino had three more running ramp-ups to get through before he could be cleared for game action.

“I would say by the end of the week, we’re in a position to say, ‘OK, we’re targeting this for a game,’ ” Boone said. “But he’s gotta get through this next week. He’s doing well.”

Boone added that he would take extra precaution with Trevino’s return since he will still likely get three weeks of games in before the season.

Jonathan Loaisiga threw live batting practice back in Tampa.

Related Posts

SHOCK: Martin Kemp I’m A Celebrity Vanishes From Live TV Line-Up At The Last Second — Shock Reason Behind His Disappearance Revealed

SHOCK: Martin Kemp I’m A Celebrity Vanishes From Live TV Line-Up At The Last Second — Shock Reason Behind His Disappearance Revealed Martin Kemp is rumoured for…

Good Morning Britain Chaos As Kate Garraway’s Secret Whisper Caught Live — Viewers Can’t Believe What They Heard

Good Morning Britain Chaos As Kate Garraway’s Secret Whisper Caught Live — Viewers Can’t Believe What They Heard   Kate Garraway was caught whispering to her co-star on…

BREAKING NEWS: BBC ‘ready to crown’ new Strictly hosts as two huge names emerge — fans are already divided

BREAKING NEWS: BBC ‘ready to crown’ new Strictly hosts as two huge names emerge — fans are already divided This could be an interesting duo TV presenters…

SAD NEWS: Deal or No Deal viewers heartbroken after contestant’s partner d!es following successful win: “How very tragic”

SAD NEWS: Deal or No Deal viewers heartbroken after contestant’s partner d!es following successful win: “How very tragic” What a rollercoaster episode! Deal or No Deal returned…

“After Five Years of Silence, Line of Duty Is Finally Coming Back — BBC Prepares Major Comeback Reveal!”

“After Five Years of Silence, Line of Duty Is Finally Coming Back — BBC Prepares Major Comeback Reveal!” Line Of Duty will return for a seventh series….

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” — New Deal or No Deal Series FLOODED with Complaints Over Stephen Mulhern’s ‘Annoying’ Behaviour as Furious Viewers Beg ITV to ‘Change the Whole Format’ Before It’s Too Late!k

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” — New Deal or No Deal Series FLOODED with Complaints Over Stephen Mulhern’s ‘Annoying’ Behaviour as Furious Viewers Beg ITV to ‘Change the Whole…