“WHEN G0VERNMENT FAILS ITS 0WN, EVEN THE QUIETEST ...

“WHEN G0VERNMENT FAILS ITS 0WN, EVEN THE QUIETEST S0LDIERS SPEAK UP.” A regiment known for its silence hɑs broken rɑnks, ɑccusing the government of putting politics ɑbove those who served. Their rɑre public stɑnd hɑs sent shockwɑves through Westminster — ɑnd the reɑction online is explosive.

Soldiers from the SAS have threatened legal action over Labour’s Troubles Bill.

A letter by the Special Air Service Regimental Association, representing serving and former special forces troops, was sent to Northern Ireland Secretary Hilary Benn to warn the legislation does not provide adequate safeguards for veterans.

Labour withdrew plans to introduce the Legacy Act by the previous Conservative Government, which would grant immunity to Northern Ireland veterans.

New plans include a commission set up to investigate Troubles-related killings.

Critics have warned that it would expose veterans to “vexatious” legal claims and potentially see elderly former soldiers brought through the courts.

A former paratrooper in his 70s and known as Soldier F was cleared last month of murdering civilians on Bloody Sunday after a judge found the evidence against him fell “well short”.

The letter by the association, which was drafted by London legal firm Sidley Austin, said its “clients” were gearing up to “challenge” the Government over the bill, the Telegraph reported.

It further warned its clients’ “current position is that if the bill is enacted in anything like its current state, it will be subject to challenge”.

Hilary Benn

Northern Ireland Secretary Hilary Benn has been sent the lette

Under its new plan, the Government has insisted that veterans have six key protections, including anonymity and ensuring no veteran is forced to travel to Northern Ireland to give evidence.

New rules have also been added which allows inquests to occur into the deaths of hundreds of British soldiers killed during the conflict.

Critics say the shift could pave the way for former IRA members to “rewrite history” by changing historic versions of events to align with their “narrative”.

The association said the bill was “manifestly deficient in the protections it offers to former service personnel, police officers, and members of the security services”.

Veterans who served in the British Army during the Northern Ireland troubles take part in a protest organised by the Northern Ireland Veterans Movement against the repealing of the Legacy Act

Veterans who served in the British Army during the Northern Ireland troubles took part in a protes

“Repeated reassurances have been given by the Government that veterans be supplied with specific protections in law to mitigate the effect of the repeal of the conditional immunities provided by the Legacy Act… [but] in fact, the bill contains almost no protection beyond those which already exist in law,” the letter stated.

Shadow Armed Forces Minister Mark Francois said: “Call me old-fashioned but the SAS traditionally protect the Government, rather than trying to sue them”.

“After the recent letter from the ‘nine senior generals’ – calling Labour’s legacy plans ‘a direct threat to national security’ this further action, by the SAS Regimental Association, shows just how angry veterans and particularly former special forces soldiers are, about Hilary Benn’s extremely dangerous proposals,” he sad.

“Perhaps this will be a case of Who Sues Wins?”

Nine of Britain’s top retired military chiefs launched an attack against the Prime Minister last week.

They said special forces troops were quitting out of fear they could be taken into court decades down the line for missions they carried out on behalf of the Government.

Tory MP Sir David Davis, a former SAS reservist, commented on the claims during Prime Minister’s Questions on Wednesday, saying: “The most acute damage is being felt by the Special Air Service; it is already affecting their recruitment, retention, morale, and operational effectiveness”.

He added that as a result, lawyers acting for the association “have sent a letter before action” to the Northern Ireland secretary.

Labour’s bill passed to the next stage.

A vote on Tuesday saw 320 MPs in favour and 105 against.

Mr Benn told MPs: “I don’t agree with that assessment” after being asked about the claims the bill was a national security threat.

He said there was “nothing in this bill that can be described as a direct threat to national security”.

Related Articles

Chưa phân loại 3 months ago

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin…

Chưa phân loại 3 months ago

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass —…

Chưa phân loại 3 months ago

“NO ONE SHOULD BE SLEEPING ON THE STREETS.” Bradley Walsh has reportedly given away every penny of his £2 million bonus and sponsorship earnings — not for publicity, not for praise, but to build 150 housing units and fund 300 emergency shelter beds for people with nowhere to go. Those close to him say the decision was made quietly, without cameras or announcements. “Bradley didn’t see it as charity,” one source revealed. “He saw it as responsibility.” At a time when most stars protect their wealth, Walsh’s gesture has stunned fans — not because of its size, but because of its sincerity. And as the first doors prepare to open, one line keeps echoing from those who know him best: “He just wanted people to come in from the cold.”

In a world where headlines are often dominated by scandals and controversies, television presenter and…