Prince Harry Makes First Statement About King Charles’ Diagnosis As Royal Family Refuses To Reconcile

Harry recently returned from the U.K. after visiting his father, though is wife Meghan Markle is staying silent.

Prince Harry followed by camerasVia: Instar 

HIGHLIGHTS

 Prince Harry expresses love for his family despite ongoing feud, mentioning gratitude for being able to visit his father during his cancer treatment.
 Harry confirms intent to return to the UK soon, indicating that he will make an effort to see his family as much as possible.
 While Harry breaks his silence on his father’s condition, Meghan Markle chooses to stay silent and remains in California with their children.

All eyes have been on the royal family since it was announced King Charles is undergoing treatment for cancer earlier this year. Shortly after the news broke, Prince Harry embarked on a solo trip to the U.K. to visit his family, despite tensions reportedly being at an all-time high, as Harry and his wife Meghan Markle remain estranged from the royals.

Now, Prince Harry, 39, has made his first statement regarding his father’s condition, offering fans insight into how he’s coping amid the health crisis as well as the ongoing feud with his family.

2:07

Thanks to her Podcast, Netflix deal and other ventures in the works, Meghan Markle is doing more than okay nowadays.

Prince Harry Says He Loves His Family Despite Their Feud

During an appearance on Good Morning America on Friday, February 16, Harry, said, “I love my family. The fact that I was able to get on a plane and go and see him and spend any time with him, I’m grateful for that.”

“I jumped on a plane and went to go see him as soon as I could,” he continued.

Earlier this month, paparazzi confirmed that Harry made the journey from Los Angeles to London specifically to visit his father. Photographs showed a car transporting Harry from London’s Heathrow Airport to Clarence House, where the King was apparently secluding.

Harry Says He’ll Return To The UK Soon

Meghan markle and Prince Harry at Invictus Games Via Splash Photos 

Although Harry refrained from divulging additional information regarding his father’s diagnosis (Buckingham Palace has not confirmed what type of cancer he has), he did affirm his intention to return to London in the near future.

“I’ve got other trip plans that will take me through the U.K., or back to the U.K.,” the father-of-two said. “So, I’ll stop in and see my family as much as I can.”

Harry and Meghan are reportedly having a lonely Christmas after they didn’t receive an invite from the royals to join in the festivities in England.

After King Charles underwent a medical procedure to treat an enlarged prostate at the start of the new year, Buckingham Palace revealed on Monday, February 5th, that the 75-year-old monarch has received a cancer diagnosis.

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer,” a statement released by the royal family said.

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties,” the statement went on. “Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”

“The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible,” it added. “His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

While Harry has broken his silence on his father’s condition, his wife Meghan Markle continues to stay silent. She didn’t join him on the trip back to the U.K., rather choosing to remain in California with their two young children.

Related Posts

Prince Harry’s secret visa files released – but key question remains over drug use

The conservative Heritage Foundation had campaigned to have Prince Harry’s Visa application released after he admitted to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms A US judge has…

Zara McDermott shakes off Sam Thompson dig as she ‘moves fast’ with Louis Tomlinson

Zara McDermott was recently spotted on a date with Louis Tomlinson as pals have claimed the pair are ‘moving fast’ but are ‘happy’ for them – while…

Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on

Christine McGuinness is said to be feeling ‘desperate’ to start a fresh as her estranged husband Paddy McGuinness has put their former marital home up for sale…

Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex Justin Theroux’s wedding

Victoria Beckham confirmed she had a huge role in Jennifer Aniston’s ex-husband Justin Theroux’s wedding to Nicole Brydon Bloom Victoria Beckham confirms part in Jennifer Aniston’s ex…

Celebrity Big Brother star Bradley Riches joins Emmerdale in mysterious new role

Celebrity Big Brother star and Heartstopper actor Bradley Riches has joined the cast of Emmerdale in a mysterious new role, with the scenes set to debut in…

Coleen Nolan interrupts Loose Women co-star to take swipe at ex-husband

Loose Women took an awkward turn on Tuesday when Coleen Nolan made a savage Alfie Moon comment Loose Women: Coleen asks Charlene about her first child’s name…