Meghan and Harry ‘stage managed’ Archie’s birth creating a ‘disaster’, claims photographer

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle welcomed their first child, son Prince Archie, on May 6 2019, but one royal photographer has said the birth was a ‘disaster’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry decided not to involve the press in the birth of their son, something one royal photographer has described as a “disaster”.

The couple became parents for the first time on May 6 2019 when Meghan gave birth to Prince Archie at the Portland Hospital in Westminster. However, the couple broke Royal Family tradition as they decided not to pose for pictures on the steps of the hospital.

Photographer Arthur Edwards has criticised the decision and said Meghan and Harry “stage managed” the event. He explained: “When the baby was born, when Archie was born, that was another, in my view, disaster – I knew we were not going to get a picture of [Archie]. Everybody was hoping we would get pictures.”

the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with their baby son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry showed off their son at Windsor Castle 


Image:
PA)
Speaking on the Royal Exclusive show, he added: “We were led to believe that she had gone into labour at two o’clock, when the baby had been born many hours earlier. We were led to believe it was going to be a home birth and it was in a hospital.

“The whole thing was just stage managed to suit them.” Arthur pointed out how it was very different to when the Princess of Wales gave birth, who was pictured outside the hospital with her first child Prince George just hours after giving birth.

Meghan has previously revealed why she didn’t pose for pictures on the hospital steps with Archie. Speaking on her and Harry’s Netflix docuseries, she said: “There was already the pressure of the picture with Archie on the steps.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose with Archie when he was around four months old
Archie was born on May 6 2019 
Image:
Getty Images)
Are they going to do that or are they not? But I had been really worried going into that labour because I am older and I didn’t know if I would have to have a C-section.”

She added: “I had a very long-standing relationship with my doctor and that is who I trusted with my pregnancy. And they said, ‘Right, but she is at Portland Hospital and the steps are at this hospital (the Lindo Wing)’. And I said, ‘OK, we could do a photo call in front of Portland Hospital’.

“They said it is impossible. We couldn’t barricade the streets off and it would create a threat for the emergency room entrance because that is where you would have to do this picture.”

Instead, Meghan said she and the palace came up with an alternative plan to have pictures taken at Windsor Castle instead. She added: “It was like, ‘Yes, yes, oh great, yes.’ At no point did someone go, ‘Absolutely not’.”

Related Posts

Meghan Markle’s ‘telltale sign’ she was nervous next to Kate Middleton

Meghan Markle’s ‘telltale sign’ she was nervous next to Kate Middleton   Meghan Markle showed a clear sign of “nervousness” during a royal outing with Princess Kate,…

Moment Prince Harry walks straight past Brooklyn Beckham & wife Nicola Peltz as ‘bitter rift’ between families rages on

THIS is the awkward moment Prince Harry walked straight past Brooklyn Beckham and his wife Nicola Peltz as the “bitter rift” between the families raged on.The Duke of…

Inside David Beckham’s special relationship with Kate & Wills after Harry & Meg fallout left him ‘absolutely furious’

HE is a self-proclaimed royalist and has supported senior royals at a string of high profile events, but David Beckham recently cemented his friendship with the famous…

Royal Family’s Shocking Decision About Princess Anne Leaves King Charles in Tears

Royal Family’s Shocking Decision About Princess Anne Leaves King Charles in Tears   In heartbreaking news today, Princess Anne has spoken out about her health for the…

Breaking News: Meghan Markle says in an exclusive interview with the Royal Family, “My lovely husband Prince Harry is the next king.”

Breaking News: Meghan Markle says in an exclusive interview with the Royal Family, “My lovely husband Prince Harry is the next king.”  Omid Scobie, a friend of…

BECKS’ BOY Real reason David Beckham wasn’t ‘Markled’ & why choosing William over Harry was the best decision he made, says expert

IT has long been thought that when Prince Harry allegedly called David Beckham to accuse him and his wife Victoria of leaking stories, that he also ended…