Denise Welch moves into new house after stalker jailed for starting fire at her home

Loose Women panellist Denise Welch has previously opened up about dealing with a stalker and now he has been sent to jail, with the former Coronation Street actress sharing an update on social media

Denise Welch has been forced to move house after her stalker was sent to jail for setting a fire at her home.

The 65-year-old has been open and honest about her stalking nightmare which has left and her husband moving house. The Loose Women panellist told viewers that she and husband Lincoln Townley were left with no choice after the stalker set fire to a tip on their driveway which went into the garage.

Stalker Toraq Wyngard, 64, was jailed for seven years and seven months after the ordeal. Denise was at home at the time of the incident but a passer-by saw what was happening and informed them.

The incident occurred in September 2020. Two years later, after he was jailed at Chester Crown Court. Denise opened up about what happened during an episode of Loose Women.

 

She said she first realised something serious was going on when she heard Lincoln let out a “piercing scream” after answering the door. Denise said: “You know that scream from someone that you don’t want to hear. I ran downstairs and the boys were all outside. We had a skip in the drive and it was full of wood and very flammable stuff.

“It was ablaze and it was trying to catch on to the trees. There was lady at the door who I didn’t know saying, ‘I hope it’s alright I knocked on your door’. I thought, ‘My God, you’ve potentially saved our lives here’. Lincoln jumped into my car, drove it out and, at which point, the flames came through the side of the skip. They would have caught the car.”

Denise has opened up about her stalking ordeal
Denise has opened up about her stalking ordeal 
Image:
Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)
Denise went on to explain that she and Lincoln are often apart for work reasons and that she has never been scare before but her stalking experience has changed that. Chester Crown Court had heard that the fire caused £4,285 worth of damage to Denise and Lincoln’s £800,000 home. Wyngard was then arrested nearby and police discovered a kitchen knife in his rucksack.

He pleaded guilty in court to stalking, causing serious alarm or distress, between September 18, 2020 and February 11, 2021. He also admitted to possession of a knife, criminal damage, and arson.

Denise has confirmed that she has now moved into a different house away from the family home in Wilmslow, Cheshire. The star took to X, formerly known as Twitter where she contacted a broadband company to complain that the service at her old house is yet to be cancelled so she is still paying for it.

She wrote: “For 2 weeks I’ve tried via your system to cancel my service. Every time it says someone will contact me. They haven’t. I don’t want to pay for a service I no longer need as we’ve moved.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…