Why the audio of Travis Kelce’s Super Bowl 2024 blowup at Andy Reid could stay buried forever.

One of the most volatile moments in Super Bowl history seems destined to remain a mystery.

After running back Isiah Pacheco fumbled in the second quarter of Super Bowl LVIII with the Chiefs trailing the 49ers, 3-0, star tight end Travis Kelce — who had been off the field for the play — stormed up to head coach Andy Reid, bumped him and screamed at him.

This would have been a big deal in football circles regardless, given that Kelce and Reid are both sure-fire future Hall of Famers who have now won three Super Bowls together.

But the intrigue about what Kelce yelled at the coach was supersized given the tight end’s Q score ascendance from dating the world-renowned Taylor Swift.

However, “Inside the NFL,” the longtime weekly studio show that now airs on The CW and reveals what NFL players who are mic’d up say on the field, did not share the audio of the infamous dustup despite Kelce being mic’d up for the game.

Inside the NFL went from Patrick Mahomes mic’d up after the Pacheco fumble into video of Travis Kelce bumping and berating Andy Reid, but with audio of Tony Romo’s commentary. Here is why the audio got buried and could stay that way forever

Instead, “Inside the NFL” played the audio of CBS color commentator Tony Romo saying that Kelce told Reid to “keep me in” the game, and then cut to analysis from former players Channing Crowder, Chris Long and Ryan Clark.

Two people highly plugged into the sports media business told The Post they suspect the Chiefs blocked NFL Films — which captures the mic’d up audio — and “Inside the NFL” from airing the direct Kelce sound bite, with one saying he thought that this edict came from Reid.

A rep for “Inside the NFL” declined to comment, and reps for the Chiefs and NFL Media (which operates NFL Films) did not respond to requests for comment by The Post.

Though it seems strange from the outside that NFL Films would comply with this request — given the interest in it — about a half-dozen sources briefed on this story were unsurprised.

One source told The Post there are jokes among NFL Films crews that there is a vault that contains all the sensitive content from over the years that has never made it to TV.

In the case of Kelce, there would not necessarily be a large cohort of people privy to the audio, and knowledge of what was said could be constrained to a small circle of producers who are trained not to spread inflammatory material.

NFL Films is owned by the league, which itself is a collection of the 32 franchises, and there exists a clear understanding that the teams effectively have veto power over what makes it to air via the threat of restricting future access.

You could see this on display in 2019, when the Jets were livid at NFL Films that a clip of quarterback Sam Darnold saying he was “seeing ghosts” during a dismal performance against the Patriots made it to air during ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.”
Teams are also known to have final say over the content that makes it into HBO’s “Hard Knocks.”

Related Posts

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! The silence is finally SHATTERED! As the explosive hearings for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” kick off in London, a terrifying truth is emerging. For years, the screams of victims were ignored, and the truth was buried deep within expensive, hidden court files. But now, the curtain is being ripped wide open, and some very powerful people are SHAKING! Why has the truth been kept behind a “paywall” for so long? Why were public authorities allowed to turn a blind eye while innocent lives were destroyed? Rupert Lowe is making a move that the establishment DREADS: he’s demanding that EVERY court transcript be made FREE for the public! Is the system hiding evidence of its own massive failures? This isn’t just an inquiry; it’s a war for justice that the “Über Elite” never wanted you to join. THEY CAN NO LONGER HIDE. Sign the urgent petition and click the link below to see the chilling testimonies they tried to suppress for decades!

EMERGENCY: THE DARKEST SECRETS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE ABOUT TO BE UNLEASHED! Hearings Begin for Rupert Lowe’s “Rape Gang Inquiry” in London as Public Petition Gains…

JUST WANT TO LIVE…” — Bob Mortimer Has Moved Fans To Tears With A Raw, Quietly Brave Confession About Life After His Triple Heart Bypass, Admitting He’s Gently Defying Doctors’ Orders Because Fear Has Already Taken Enough From Him. Speaking With Heartbreaking Honesty, Bob Revealed The Nights Filled With Anxiety, The Moments He Cried Alone, And The Decision That Changed Everything: “I Realised I Didn’t Want To Survive — I Wanted To Live.” Rather Than Letting Worry Steal The Time He Has Left, He’s Choosing Joy, Laughter, And Meaning Wherever He Can Find It. Fans Say His Words Feel Less Like An Interview And More Like A Farewell Letter — Tender, Human, And Devastatingly Real — A Reminder That Even Comedy’s Brightest Souls Carry Quiet Battles The World Never Sees.

Bob Mortimer has made a brutally honest confession about life after his emergency triple heart bypass — and it’s left fans both shocked and strangely moved The 66-year-old comedian,…

Unraveled by Chaos: 41 Hotels Set Ablaze Amidst UK’s Explosive Anti-Migrant Riots—Is Britain’s Immigration Strategy Crumbling Under the Weight of Public Fury and Political Division? Discover the Unfolding Crisis Fueling Fear and Unrest Across the Nation!

Breaking news: In an unprecedented surge of violence across the UK, 41 hotels housing migrants have erupted in flames amid escalating anti-migrant riots. Chaotic clashes between masked…

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE SS

TEN MILLION POUNDS AND OUT ANT MCPARTLIN TURNS HIS BACK ON LONDON LIFE Ant McPartlin has declared: ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ as he quits…

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! SS

THE ULTIMATE ULTIMATUM: MAL’S D.E.A.D.L.Y OBSESSION PUSHES DEV TO THE EDGE! Bernie was left rattled in tonight’s Coronation Street (Friday, January 30) as she pleaded with Mal…

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! SS

THE END OF AN ERA ON THE COBBLES: ALAN HALSALL BREAKS HIS SILENCE! Coronation Street’s Alan Halsall responds as co-star’s exit for new role confirmed The actor…