Prince Harry won’t return home to Meghan Markle after UK trip as he lines up another visit

The Duke of Sussex will not be flying back to see his wife Meghan Markle after his latest visit to the UK, with Harry instead set to head out on another trip alone.

Prince Harry smiling

Prince Harry will set off on another solo engagement after attending the WellChild Awards in London (Image: GETTY)

Prince Harry will not return home to Meghan Markle in California after visiting the UK today to attend the WellChild 2024 awards.

The Duke of Sussex, 40, has been away from his wife and two children Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3, on a series of solo engagements this month, and this is set to continue into early October.

After his brief two-day visit to the UK, Harry will not be flying home to Meghan, 43, and instead will travel to Lesotho in Africa to promote the work of Sentebale, the charity he co-founded with Prince Seeiso to help young people in need.

On this solo engagement, Harry will join business leaders, philanthropists and locals to promote the work of the charity, which was inspired by the work of Harry’s late mother Princess Diana.

Lesotho’s Prince Seeiso, who co-founded Sentebale with Harry nearly 20 years ago, said it would fill the community with “joy” to welcome back “Mohale” – Harry’s Sesotho royal name, which means “warrior”.

Prince Harry had previously said in a statement: “As we head towards our 20th anniversary, our ambition has grown, giving us the confidence to bring our skills and experience in designing solutions with young people, and to leveraging our convening power to engage with leading regional players and global funders so we can add Sentebale’s voice to addressing the challenges faced by the next generation in southern Africa.”

Sentebale chairwoman Dr Sophie Chandauka said: “The Duke’s return to southern Africa… marks a milestone as we collaborate with world-class organisations and local leadership to engage this critical youth cohort.

“Together, we aim to accelerate digital and economic inclusion, addressing the low levels of access and literacy, which are crucial for young people’s participation in the global economy and for achieving Sentebale’s goals in health, wealth creation and climate resilience.”

 

The solo engagement in Africa will be the third place Harry has visited without Meghan over the last month.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sat side by side

Meghan Markle will not see her husband for a few more days yet (Image: Juancho Torres/Anadolu via Getty Images)

The Duke of Sussex then jetted to the UK on Sunday ahead of his attendance at the WellChild Awards today (September 30).

Harry has not met up with any members of the Royal Family during the recent UK visit and is unlikely to see any members of his family before leaving the country again.

Related Posts

REVEALED: The “Phantom” Red Light and the Split-Second Misjudgment That Condemned Lewis Hamilton to Last Place in Las Vegas

Under the dazzling neon glow of the Las Vegas Strip, a city synonymous with high stakes and gambling, Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari took a gamble that backfired…

When Hollywood Meets Horsepower: The Day F1 Drivers Broke the World’s Biggest Stars

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, speed is a religion, and the drivers are its high priests. For the millions of fans watching from the safety…

“I Have No Explanation”: Verstappen Baffled by Piastri’s “Bizarre” Collapse as Norris Seizes Control

In the high-octane world of Formula 1, momentum is everything. It is the invisible force that turns contenders into legends and champions into forgotten footnotes. But rarely…

Hamilton’s Las Vegas Catastrophe: The Radio Meltdown, The “Invisible” Cone, and The Broken Trust That Left a Legend Dead Last

The neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip were supposed to illuminate a spectacle of speed and glamour, a crowning jewel in the 2025 Formula 1 calendar….

The $6 Billion Masterstroke: Why Toto Wolff’s Shocking Sale Is Mercedes’ Secret Weapon for 2026

In a sport defined by milliseconds and carbon fiber, the most significant moves often happen far away from the asphalt, in the quiet corners of boardrooms where…

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…