Meghan Markle’s curt three-word reply to royal advice that ‘surprised’ the late Queen

Queen Elizabeth II was reportedly left surprised by Meghan Markle’s reply to her valuable advice to royal life.

meghan and the late queen in 2018

Meghan Markle’s reply reportedly surprised the late Queen (Image: GETTY)

Meghan Markle gave the late Queen Elizabeth II a blunt reply when she offered her some advice upon joining the Royal Family.

The late Queen was reportedly left surprised by the 42-year-old’s response when she told Meghan that she could turn to the Duchess of Edinburgh for advice.

According to author Robert Jobson’s book ‘Our King’, Meghan replied, “I’ve got [Prince] Harry”.

The author added that Meghan was “warmly welcomed” by the late Queen, who was “so pleased Harry had at last found love”. As reported by the Mirror, the late Queen was left surprised by Meghan’s reply.

In the book, which was released last year, the author also spoke of a reported comment made by the Princess of Wales after the walkabout in Windsor following the late Queen’s death.

Mr Robson claimed that sources had told him that the walkabout wasn’t, as reported by the Mirror, as much of a “symbol of unity” as it looked.

Prince William and Princess Kate were joined by Harry and Meghan on the walkabout just days after the late Queen’s death.

A source claimed that the togetherness of the two couples was an “illusion” and that Kate had referred to it as “one of the hardest things she’d ever had to do”.

Mr Jobson wrote: “Catherine later admitted to a senior royal that, such was the ill feeling between the two couples, the joint walkabout was one of the hardest things she’d ever had to do.”

Meghan officially joined the Royal Family in 2018. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped down from royal duty in early 2020. The pair now reside in the US with their children, Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3.

Related Posts

Gavel Drops on “Crashgate”: Court Clears Way for Felipe Massa’s Explosive $64 Million Lawsuit Against F1

The Ghost of Singapore Returns It was a humid night under the dazzling floodlights of Marina Bay on September 28, 2008. Formula 1 was making history with…

Civil War in Vegas: Piastri’s Deleted Post Ignites Favoritism Scandal at McLaren

The 2025 Formula 1 season, already teeming with high-speed drama and relentless competition, has suddenly veered off the track and into a storm of internal conflict. Under…

Déjà Vu in Sin City: Loose Drain Covers Halt Las Vegas GP Practice, Reigniting Safety Fears and Driver Fury

For the second time in just three years, the glitz, glamour, and neon-soaked spectacle of the Las Vegas Grand Prix have been overshadowed by a humble, yet…

“LEAVE US ALONE, DAD”: Mel Owens’ Children BEG Parents to Finalize NASTY Divorce Money Battle, Confessing the Legal War is DESTROYING the Family Again Amidst Their Father’s TV Fame

The supposed journey to find “Golden Love” for former NFL star Mel Owens has been completely overshadowed by the real-life drama of his incredibly messy, drawn-out divorce…

Jane McDonald leaves fans in tears of joy with surprise emotional announcement — the radiant moment instantly ignites a wave of happiness on social media, with thousands sending choked-up congratulations and calling it “the best news” they’ve heard all year.

In a moment that felt like a warm hug from an old friend, Jane McDonald, the 62-year-old national treasure and beloved cruiser queen, sent shockwaves of pure joy…

“Mum still recognises us, still smiles, and still says ‘I love you’,” Charlie Quirke said, heartbroken as he spoke about his mother, actress Pauline Quirke, and her battle with dementia. Charlie is also preparing for a 120km fundraising walk, retracing the most meaningful places from her life

Charlie Quirke has shared a deeply personal and difficult update about his mum, actress Pauline Quirke, as he prepares for an emotional fundraising trek retracing the most…