Former Strictly Come Dancing’s Giovanni Pernice’s TV comeback date revealed!

EXCLUSIVE: Former Strictly dancer Giovanni Pernice is gearing up for his highly anticipated return to UK telly after the BBC completed their investigation.

Giovanni Pernice Takes on a New Dance Challenge

Giovanni Pernice is set to return to our screens in the new year (Image: Getty)

Former Strictly Come Dancing professional Giovanni Pernice is set to make his long-awaited return to UK television after being at the centre of a BBC probe last year.

Express.co.uk can exclusively reveal that the 34-year-old Sicilian dancer will appear in the upcoming season of Channel 4’s Celebrity Hunted on Sunday, January 5.

The show, filmed back in 2022, had been shelved following explosive allegations of bullying made by his Strictly dance partner Amanda Abbington. But two years on, TV bosses have had a change of heart and have reportedly decided to air the reality show in the new year.

Confirming the exciting news on Instagram earlier this year, Giovanni declared: “I’m back baby!” A source told us: “A reelase date has finally been chosen for the show after a lot fo chaos behind-the-scenes. The contestants are are thrilled too because they’ve been waiting for news for almost two years.”

Executives had reportedly considered cutting Giovanni’s scenes entirely, but the decision was made to keep him in the programme following the results of the BBC investigation.

Amanda Abbington

Amanda accused Gio of “bullying” on the BBC dance competition (Image: Channel 4)

A TV source previously stated: “It was absolutely right to shelve Hunted while the BBC took the time to unravel the claims against Giovanni. It was filmed in 2022 and due to screen last year, but will now air in early 2025.”

The BBC concluded its investigation last month, clearing Giovanni of ten out of 16 allegations, including claims of violence, physical abuse, threats, and intimidation. However, six allegations were upheld.

The report found instances of “inappropriate behaviour of sexual banter in the workplace,” as well as “belittling, dismissive, and insulting language.”

Despite this, Giovanni’s focus remains on moving forward. A source close to him told The Sun: “Gio is pleased he was cleared of the serious allegations and is optimistic about the future.”

Amanda Abbington giovanni pernice

Giovanni was cleared of ten out of 16 allegations (Image: PA)

The allegations rocked his professional reputation, with Abbington reportedly receiving an apology from BBC bosses after their findings.

Meanwhile, Giovanni’s former Strictly co-star, Radio 2’s Richie Anderson, kept quiet during the investigation and even unfollowed him on social media amid rumours of a falling out.

In Celebrity Hunted, Giovanni and Anderson teamed up for the thrilling Channel 4 reality show after competing on the BBC dance competition in 2021.

They will joined the star-studded lineup featuring Loose Women star Denise Welch and her husband Lincoln Townley, EastEnders icon Danielle Harold, and Coronation Street actress Kimberley Hart-Simpson.

While Celebrity Hunted will finally air, the show’s civilian edition has been left in limbo, with no new series expected in the near future.

According to Broadcast: “The show has fallen out of the recommissioning cycle, which means it is impossible for the civilian edition to record another series this year.”

Outside of the controversy, Giovanni’s career is thriving. He recently announced a theatre tour with Strictly judge Anton Du Beke for next summer and is promoting his own headline tour, The Last Dance, running from January to May.

Additionally, he continues to shine on the Italian version of Strictly, recently making history with five perfect tens.

 

Related Posts

“PLEASE HELP ME BRING MY SON HOME BEFORE IT’S TOO LAT…” A British mother broke down in tears beside her son’s hospital bed after he was critically injured in a motorcycle accident in Thailand.

The mother of a young British man who was critically injured in a collision in Thailand has appealed for donations to help bring her son home ‘before it’s too…

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” — Rupert Lowe Launches £600,000 Rape Gang Inquiry After Years Of Failure

Yarmouth MP Rupert Lowe’s ‘rape gang inquiry’ hearings start. Great Yarmouth independent MP Rupert Lowe raised more than £600,000 to launch the ‘Rape Gang Inquiry’, which began…

‘I Could Be Completely Immobile’: The Chase Star Breaks Silence on Parkinson’s in Emotional On-Stage Confession That Left Fans Stunned

Paul Sinha, best known to millions as The Sinnerman on The Chase, has spoken candidly about his Parkinson’s diagnosis — admitting the reality of the condition has been “tough” to…

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping thɑt the ɗeɑɗline will bring the relief they deserve.  WATCH NOW  SS

The fight for WASPI compensɑtion is neɑring its end. As the DWP chief issues ɑn updɑte, the women who hɑve wɑited so long for justice ɑre hoping…

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as she broke down while begging for urgent change to SMA Type 1 testing. Her voice cracked. Her hands trembled. And then the room fell silent as Jesy sobbed: “I look at my children and think… why wasn’t this caught sooner?” Witnesses say even hardened officials struggled to keep composure as she spoke of fear-filled nights, unanswered questions, and the unbearable weight of watching parents learn devastating news too late. Wes Streeting was seen blinking back tears as Jesy pleaded: “Early testing saves lives. It saves families. No parent should ever, ever have to go through this pain.” The moment cut far deeper than politics — raw, unfiltered grief colliding with power, in a confrontation Britain wasn’t ready for. Support flooded in within minutes, with parents calling her words “heart-shattering” and campaigners saying this could be the speech that finally forces change. One thing is clear: this wasn’t a celebrity appearance. It was a mother’s cry — and it left scars on everyone who heard it. SS

“NO PARENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO LIVE THIS.”  Jesy Nelson brought Westminster to a standstill — and left Health Secretary Wes Streeting visibly fighting back tears — as…

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private life. SS

STUNNING DISCLOSURE: The carefully curated image of Alex Pretti has been torn apart after members of his inner circle came forward with disturbing details about his private…